Monday, January 12, 2009

OIL '09 - In Christ Alone

So I came back from OIL just a few days ago and as much as it seemed like just another retreat, it was definitely a different experience. I was so blessed to have worshiped such an awesome God with so many other people who also desired the same thing. I must say, I don't know what heaven is really going to be like but I think I got just a little glimpse of it at OIL and I am so looking forward to the day when we can ALL worship Him together.

I think one of the major things I got out of OIL was that putting my identity in Christ means dying to myself and growing in Him. It's kind of funny because this "theme" kept on reoccurring throughout all the retreats I've gone to. God was trying to speak to me. I know it. :)

Overall, it was just a huge blessing. I can't even begin to describe what it was like. Everyone must go and experience it for themselves. I know I'm definitely looking forward to OIL '10.

No comments: