Monday, March 9, 2009

currently reading: "disciplines of a Godly woman"

So, these days, it's been a bit rough just because I've been slacking off with a lot of things, especially my efforts to keep in touch with God. I'm just feeling really lost and I don't know, I just want to get out of this mess.

Anyways, I'm currently reading "Disciplines of a Godly Woman" written by Barbara Hughes and it's been helping me open my mind and eyes to a lot good points and views. It's definitely going to hard at times [like it is now] but I really want to live a life that's fulfilling to God. I know what I say and what I do sometimes don't really match up to what I say at times like this, but what can I say really? I'm human. I'm prone to fall and wander away and God knows that too but it's through those falls and failures that I get up and learn.

It's still a struggle for me to see that a big stupid failure like me can still be loved by someone so forgiving and gracious. It kind of brought me to tears reading some of what Barbara Hughes had written in her book because it touched on a lot of what's been going on with me personally.

I'm trying hard to change my lifestyle and get back on track. It's going to be a bumpy ride, and I'm going to fail...A LOT, no doubt about that but I willing to go on this ride no matter what because I know in the end, it's all going to be worth it.

For all the ladies out there who are interested, I would definitely recommend getting this book. I would say it's definitely worth taking a look at.

"Godliness with contentment"

No comments: