Wednesday, November 11, 2009

where is the pause button?!


So...I've been thinking lately...that time...seriously needs a pause button. I think I've mentioned something like this before in my previous posts but it was so true when all the upperclassmen said that time was going to fly by quicker as you start to progress in your college life. It's so hard to believe that I'm already a junior! Well actually, that part doesn't seem to strike me that hard...probably because I'm going to be staying in college for a year or two more after the year I'm supposed to be graduating [does that make sense?]. Anyways, wow, I don't really know how to comprehend it at all. I guess all I can do for now is just take it day by day...moment...by moment?

I think what makes it even more...scarier is the fact that everyone's seems to be giving me the "start looking for that one" talk. Personally, I would love to but I feel so freaked out. I mean, I know they probably don't mean it should be my top priority because I'm still a student but it should be something that I start bring to attention a bit more than I have been before. I will say I definitely am praying about it but I think right now, God is telling me to focus more on further building the relationships I already have with my friends and family. I also know and think that finding that "one" comes at a different time for everyone so I'm n
ot worried...as long as I marry somewhat early...haha. Although, there has been someone that I have been praying on and off about but I think...I'm going to keep this one wrapped up until I'm for sure about it.

Oh, and forgot to mention that I'm turning 21 real soon. Like, real soon. Like, I'm-going-to-freak-out-because-I'm-turning-21 soon. Oh. My. God.

On a lighter note, the holidays are coming up and I'm mucho excited!!! The other day, I was walking at the park with a close friend of mine and the topic of the upcoming holidays came up. I told her how I was really, really excited for it...even more so than previous years it seems like. I told her how things that I normally do not like about the holidays like eggnog [excuse me for those who love eggnog, I tried it once and I must say, I did not like it at all] get me so pumped for christmas and the new year. The warm, fuzzy, happy feeling you get from the holidays is also my drive for being so excited for the holidays...although, I thought you're normally supposed to feel this way during the holidays...not weeks before it. I'm so excited about it that I don't know what to do with myself...HAHA. I'm so weird. My friend said that it sounds like I have the holiday fever. I don't know what it is, maybe God's planning to do something radical in my life the next few months haha. Who knows? I should probably get started on the Christmas shopping as well as the card writing. Oh my, the food! My pastor, as well as some others at my church, have been making fun of me for it but I am so, so, so, so, SO looking forward to the food from the holidays. My mouth is starting to water even from just thinking about it haha. Yay for the holidays!

No comments: