Friday, December 5, 2008

this little light of mine...

This morning was pretty gloomy and so, as I was driving to school, my mind just started wandering off and I started to feel lonely and upset again. I said a quick prayer to myself to get my mind off of things and it seemed to me like out of nowhere, the sun came out and just lit up the whole sky. Since I didn't have any sunglasses or anything to protect my eyes, I pulled down the sunshade and just kept on driving. It was funny though because even after I pulled down the sunshade, the sun still somehow managed to find its way to my eyes. Save this thought.

So a few hours later, since I had some spare time before my next class, I sat down in the library at the top corner where it was quietest to reflect and do some qt. I decided to read a psalm and the one I read was Psalm 18. This one talked about how God is the only refuge and stronghold that will never fail and it also talked about how God strengthens and watches over those that fervently seek after Him. As I was reading, however, I came across a verse that kind of "struck" me. It was verse 28 and it said: "You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." Remember this morning? After I read that verse, I just kind sat back and was reminded of the drive to school and how the sun kept getting into my eyes constantly. It was at that moment that I realized this was God's odd way of saying, "Sat, I love you and my light will only continue to shine brighter and brighter for you. This light will never fade and in times where you feel like you're losing hope, this light will come and melt away all the darkness that you have in your heart." I sat back in awe. Even in small, minute things like that, God is willing to reach out to me and say that He loves me. Truly amen to that. Amen also to the fact that He really is the only one that keeps my "lamp burning". No matter how small the flame, He still manages to keep it from going out completely. He's the only reason I keep persisting on with this thing called Life and it is only because of Him that I see how precious this "Life" is because He was the one that gave it to me, He was the one that planned it out for me, and He's going to be the one to guide me through it.

These are some deep thoughts. Maybe I'm just thinking over it a little too much. Either way, I know that He is just and that He is my sure salvation. Only through Him will I get through all my obstacles because He has placed them there for a purpose. He wants only the best for me and I believe that. God, You are so good.

psalm 18:30-32 - "[30]As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. [31]For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? [32]It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are incomparably BEAUTIFUL!
got eeet?!
yes :)

Anonymous said...

"...i'm gonna let it shine"

may the Lord increase and strengthen the fire that burns within you. it's a light that will never burn out; it is a light that refuses to do so because i've come to believe and see that it's not merely a light of your own.

if you let it...if you "let go and let God," the light will only further enhance the beauty that's already inside of you.

shine Beautiful friend.
shine beautifully.

Lindsey said...

I just happened to stumble upon your blog, and was instantly elated to find another Christian in the blogosphere.

I very very encouraged from this post, and just wanted you to know that God definitely used you today!